Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rhapsody



I really like the Rhapsody music service. It gives one a way to experience new music that one might not be exposed to any other way. I live in Northwest Arkansas. Our music choices are fairly limited here. It is mostly country and classic rock. We have a National Public Radio station through the University of Arkansas and some stations that cater to Christians and Hispanics, but that is about it. When I lived in Northern Ohio I loved listening to The Wave and for the six years that I lived in Phoenix, AZ it was The Coyote that had my ears. But thanks to Rhapsody I can download whatever music I like, or want to sample, and listen to it wherever I like. I have an Archos 404 portable DVR (which I love) and it is compatible with the Rhapsody Digital Rights Management (DRM) protection scheme. It costs about the same amount as it would to purchase one CD a month. I actually purchase more music now than I used to back in the Napster days.


If you have a broadband Internet connection, I would heartily recommend giving Rhapsody a try. I believe they still give a 30-day free trial. If you are a Cox Communications customer, you can get their Cox Rhapsody service and the $14.95 a month is billed directly to your cable account.

No comments: