Thursday, August 21, 2008

Middle of my weekend


I had a great night last night in Second Life. I DJed at 2 different venues. The first 2 hours was lounge/jazz music, the other 2 hours were classics from the 70s & 80s (non-disco). We made it none disco because we already have a disco night once a month. I then hung out with some friends for awhile and then would up going back to my sim, getting to know the place and to meet the owners.

Unlike my last place, called "NUDISM," where no one but me went naked, this sim, one is required to be naked on the sim. The only exceptions are the landing area, which is a small room where you can slip out of your things, or in your apartment. So if I want to try on new clothes or make an outfit, I either do it in my apartment or I can go to a friend's place.

Later, my dear friend Opal stopped by. She loves nature and animals. She is from Sweden. She is not a nudist, per se. She lives in a very secluded area in the forest on a lake in Sweden, so she and her boyfriend seldom wear clothes when they are there in the summer. They take long walks in the woods together, swim, and have a great time--all nude. But in Sweden, even if they ran into someone in the woods, or elsewhere, their being nude would be no big deal. They would probably stop and chat, and then move on. She doesn't consider herself a nudist because she only does it for comfort and she has no desire to be nude around other people. But she is very cool. When I told her that nudity was mandatory, she had no problems. She so looked like that she belonged there. She was like a diamond shining on black velvet. That is why the owners made the no clothing rule. They want people to experience nature as being a part of nature rather than being apart from nature.


Nekos (neko is cat in Japanese) and furries are also welcome. I've never had any experience with nekos, but I did buy a tail and ears. I need someone to help me adjust the ears so they are in the correct position. A new friend I met today from the U.K. said that she would help me with it.

Her avatar is simply stunning! She has black skin with stripes on it. She has a tail and ears. Though she is nude, it would be a crime to put clothes on her body. She just seems to be part of the fauna. She said that she isn't black in real life (which does not matter at all) but she likes to play around with her look. We sat in her apartment and pet each other's tails and gave each other a massage. I find that so much more enjoyable than SL sex. There are lots of animations that simulate sex, but being together, nude, just talking or touching is so much more enjoyable for me. I want to make friends, even very close friends. If I want to masturbate, I can do that on my own. Personally I don't find SL avatars that attractive. Though they have gotten better since 2003.

If you want to see what the future holds for computer animation and crossing the uncanny valley, take a look at this.

Hint--she is not real.

The picture attached to this posting is of Opal. She is a beautiful person both inside and out.

But you know what? That is what is so cool about Second Life. When we meet someone in real life, our very first impression is that of what they look like--what they are wearing, their hair, if they are a woman, their makeup. But in SL, that is all removed. As long as you get it straight in your mind that those cute little cartoon figures are not really who you are talking to, you'll be okay.

In SL, you have no idea what that person looks like. Even if they've shared a 1st life picture, you have no way of knowing if that is them, or not. If you don't use voice, you might not even know if it were a man or a woman running the avatar. But all of that does not matter because you see their heart and their mind long before you see them. So you can wind up becoming great friends with a person who if you met them in real life for the first time, rather than in Second Life, you might have dismissed them and lost out on a beautiful friendship. I cherish the friendships I make in SL.

One of those friendships is with a woman named Lisa. She is happily married, super smart (she holds a Master's Degree, many other degrees, and loads of certifications. She teaches computer networking at a college level. She has so many certifications that begin with the letter "C" that I teased her that we should call her Lisa Cisco. I have absolutely no problem being out-geeked by a woman. I love that I can talk tech with her and she knows exactly what I'm saying. Plus, I can pick her brain and learn from her. But I digress.

We talked. I told her that my goal was to be down to my ideal weight (around 200 lbs.) by the summer of 2010. That summer I hoped to go to a nude beach for a day. She said, "Why just a day? Why not a week?" I thought about it, and being at the same beach for 1 week sounded like it would get a bit old after awhile. We talked and we've made tentative plans for, as it stands now, she, her husband, and I to meet at the Hedonism II Resort in Jamaica for a week worth of fun. We're going to get naked together, play together, dance together, et cetera. We are both getting very excited and it is a great motivator. I've always wanted to go to Hedonism Resorts from the first time that I heard about them. It would be so cool to have sex with other people around watching. I could probably cross a dozen things off of my bucket list before I left for the week. I told her that before we went we would need to work on our tans so that we don't litterally burn our butts. She said it wasn't a problem for her--she just gets brown in the summer and never burns. Plus she said that if she wants to she can always go outside her home and sunbathe in the nude there. I cannot and I do burn easily at the beginning of summer, so I am going to have to either make some temporary privacy walls in my backyard, or go to a place with tanning booths so that when I get there I would already have no tan lines and I could get to the business of having fun rather than being burned and miserable for a few days. Sometimes they have nude day cruises that leave the resort and go out to sea and maybe stop at an island. That would be so cool--being nude and having absolutely no clothing to worry about and going on a trip that way. I can hardly wait!

On a side note, ever since I came back from the store at 1:30 AM I have been nude. I need to go to bed soon. I am curious how long I can stay nude without having to get dressed. Before, when it was just me and Pixy, I couldn't really do that because I had to let Pixy out multiple times to do her business. But now that Pam is here, she can let her out and watch her. And after the sun goes down, I don't hesitate to go out on my back deck nude. It is very dark back there and no one can see me. Years ago I used to have an exhibitionist streak in me and I got aroused by the thought of being caught being naked outside. Any more, the thought has no arousal power whatsoever. I don't want to upset my neighbors and if someone sees me, or not, is okay with me. I just don't want to go to jail for it. Here in Arkansas (still in the Bible Belt) even advocating nudity is a crime. If you were actually caught being nude outside?--they would probably register you as a sex offender.

That is all for now. I was just going to post a quick note, but I guess I had more to say.

I don't think anyone ever reads these anyway, it is just my way of saying to the world, "Hey, I'm here and I'm starting to have fun."

I wish you all joy.

Mark

No comments: